CONVENTION PAGE: Our 2017 National Convention is over, another inspirational extravaganza, with all five of the Employment Committee's events being an overwhelming success. Visit this page and get a chance to listen to recordings of all the speakers who presented at the Job Seeker Seminar. Plus revisit past conventions.
JOB SEEKING TIPS PAGE: Information, advice, truths and myths, all tips to being the best job seeker you can be.
JOBS -- JOBS FOR THE BLIND: One of our best resources we have for the employer and job seeker is this listserv.
Want to be on the most active Jobs Website for the Blind, with approximately 2.2 million messages each year? Try the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) Jobs for the Blind listserv. It’s easy to sign up, there is no charge, and you don’t have to be a member of the NFB. Here are the benefits:
• Your job postings will go to 500+ blind jobseekers who change constantly as people who get jobs drop off and new ones come on.
• You’ll be able to network with knowledgeable blind people on the NFB Employment Committee and on the list, and get advice on how to recruit and accommodate blind employees.
• You’ll reach individuals in the rehabilitation system, but also those who’ve been in the job market for years and are looking for a career change.
• You’ll learn about and be able to participate in our two national Job Fairs, one in Orlando, Florida in July (300+ blind jobseekers) and one in Washington, D.C. in late January/early February (100+ blind jobseekers).
• You’ll be able to find jobs with employers who actually want to hire blind people.
• You can network with and get career advice from members of the NFB Employment Committee and experienced blind job seekers.
• Committee members can help you with your resume and with job seeking skills.
• Technology or reasonable accommodation problems? We can help you get the advice you need.
• We constantly seek new employers, including those in Fortune 500 companies.
• You’ll be able to attend the two Job Fairs listed above, plus the Job Seeker Seminars we host in Orlando, Florida, and in other states.
We invite you to join our list, and to do so, follow this link.
We the NFB need good people working for us, follow this link to learn how to Apply for Current Openings at the National Federation of the Blind Headquarters.
SEARS OPEN TO HIRING THE BLIND: Sears gives us a heads-up and written guidance on where and how to apply.
WHERE THE BLIND WORK: A unique employment resource consisting of descriptions of actual jobs being worked by blind people.