WELCOME TO THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND EMPLOYMENT COMMITTEE
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.
LINKS TO IMPORTANT SECTIONS OF OUR WEBSITE
CONVENTION PAGE: Learn about our 2017 National Convention, job fair and job seeker seminar. Job fair goers, get your resume checked over by our Resume Doctors! Plus revisit past conventions.
Come read or download the list of employers for the 2017 Job Fair!
JOB SEEKING TIPS PAGE: Information, advice, truths and myths, all tips to being the best job seeker you can be.
JOBS -- JOBS FOR THE BLIND: One of our best resources we have for the employer and job seeker is this listserv.
Want to be on the most active Jobs Website for the Blind, with approximately 2.2 million messages each year? Try the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) Jobs for the Blind listserv. It’s easy to sign up, there is no charge, and you don’t have to be a member of the NFB. Here are the benefits:
• Your job postings will go to 500+ blind jobseekers who change constantly as people who get jobs drop off and new ones come on.
• You’ll be able to network with knowledgeable blind people on the NFB Employment Committee and on the list, and get advice on how to recruit and accommodate blind employees.
• You’ll reach individuals in the rehabilitation system, but also those who’ve been in the job market for years and are looking for a career change.
• You’ll learn about and be able to participate in our two national Job Fairs, one in Orlando, Florida in July (300+ blind jobseekers) and one in Washington, D.C. in late January/early February (100+ blind jobseekers).
• You’ll be able to find jobs with employers who actually want to hire blind people.
• You can network with and get career advice from members of the NFB Employment Committee and experienced blind job seekers.
• Committee members can help you with your resume and with job seeking skills.
• Technology or reasonable accommodation problems? We can help you get the advice you need.
• We constantly seek new employers, including those in Fortune 500 companies.
• You’ll be able to attend the two Job Fairs listed above, plus the Job Seeker Seminars we host in Orlando, Florida, and in other states.
We invite you to join our list, and to do so, follow this link.
We the NFB need good people working for us, follow this link to learn how to Apply for Current Openings at the National Federation of the Blind Headquarters.
SEARS OPEN TO HIRING THE BLIND: Sears gives us a heads-up and written guidance on where and how to apply.
WHERE THE BLIND WORK: A unique employment resource consisting of descriptions of actual jobs being worked by blind people.
Job Openings Sent to You by Twitter!!!
Job announcements posted on our email list are manually converted into tweets, which are concise, 140-character-maximum summaries of the job postings with contact information and/or links to full postings when available.
We encourage individuals and organizations to tweet at us with job postings so that we can retweet them, which spreads the word to all of our followers.
If you have a job posting or employment-related resource, please Tweet it @NFB_Jobs.
We also tweet employment resources, such as useful articles, webinars, or job fairs. Be sure to follow @NFB_Jobs on Twitter!
Our national organization needs funding to complete our nationwide mission!!!!
As a national fundraiser, the National Federation of the Blind has partnered with Vehicles for Charity to launch a new vehicle donation program. The NFB’s vehicle donation program accepts almost any vehicle, including cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles and recreational vehicles. All donations may be eligible for a tax donation on your federal income tax return. For more information, including how to donate, please follow this link!